The Skaneateles Area Arts Council is pleased to announce our 2015 grant awards have been issued.
The recipients are as follows:
- MasterWorks Chorale, $950 to support its 50th Anniversary 2015 Messiah Sing.
- Auburn Chamber Orchestra, $500 for the purchase of LED stand lights.
- The Holy Trinity Church in Skaneateles, $1,000 for the presentation of two chamber music concerts performed by the Jefferson Quartet.
- The Auburn Public Theater, $1000 to provide scholarships and musical instruments to middle- and high-school students from low-income families for its music education program, Exchange Street Records.
- Amberations Inc. in Marietta, $200 for acoustic music to complement a wellness workshop.
- The Skaneateles Music Guild, $1,000 to help support the annual July, free to the public, Symphoria Concert.
- Skaneateles Town Historian Beth Batlle, $100 toward the printing of the booklet, “History of Skaneateles for Young Historians.”
Since its inception in 2006, SKARTS has provided grants to 70 individual artists, arts organizations, choral groups, museums, schools, theaters and other community non-profit organizations within a 15-mile radius of Skaneateles.
The mission of SKARTS is to celebrate the visual and performing arts by creating an environment where cultural activity thrives. SKARTS funding is dependent upon its generous supporters and annual fundraising events.
2015 Fundraising Event
A Fall Artist Studio Tour, “Fall in Love with Art,” will be its main fundraiser this year. It will be held Oct. 3-4 with more than 20 different artists either opening their studios or exhibiting their art in and around Skaneateles. For more information regarding this event visit and to purchase tickets online: