Call to Artists for ART4SKARTS
- Submissions accepted from artists residing within a 15-mile radius of Skaneateles
- Open to all mediums. Ages 14 and up
The mission of SKARTS is to celebrate the visual and performing arts by creating an environment where cultural activity thrives in our community. The organization awards community support grants to artists and arts organizations in Skaneateles and Central NY.
This Juried Art Exhibit will take place at The Sinclair of Skaneateles, 4359 Jordan Road, Skaneateles, NY.
Friday, July 14th & Saturday, July 15th from 10am – 5pm
** Artists need not be present as SKARTS docents will be on location for viewing and sale of artwork.
There will be an Opening Reception Thursday Evening, July 13th, from 5:30-8pm at the Sinclair. The reception will be $50/per person (exhibiting artists will receive one complimentary ticket) and will include: live, local music, food & drink by Elderberry Pond, and meet the artist among their works of art. Family, friends & neighbors are all welcome!
Call to Artists — ART4SKARTS
1. This is a Juried Art Show.
2. There is no entry fee and ages 14 and up!
3. ENTRY DEADLINE is 11:59pm on June 7st.
4. Each artist could submit no more than two pieces of work.
5. Please submit works completed within the past two years, and not previously exhibited at last years SKARTS event.
6. Each piece MUST include the following to be considered:
- A. Artist’s name
- B. Title of work
- C. Medium
- D. Dimensions
- E. Price
- F. Short artists statement describing your process and/or inspiration
7. Please send jpeg images via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, you could reach Laurel at (315) 447-9675.
8. Artists will be notified of their acceptance via email no later than June 17th.
9. All work must be for sale and if sold will be subject to 30% commission to go towards SKARTS grants. You will be contacted if your work has been sold.
10. Artwork must be delivered to the Sinclair of Skaneateles on Wednesday, July 13th. Times for delivery will be between 8:30am – noon.
11. All work must be ready for installation and display:
- Hanging pieces must have the necessary wires and/or hooks already attached.
- For work requiring pedestal display, artists MUST provide freshly painted pedestals – white is preferred but neutrals okay (no colors). Please be sure the pedestal is identified as yours.
- We may ask some artists to also provide easels.
12. The committee reserves the right to withhold from exhibit any works not prepared for hanging or displaying.
13. **Sold and unsold works of art MUST be picked up: Saturday, July 15th, from 5-6PM